With the Holidays Upon us I thought I’d reinforce the idea of supporting local Business.
I read a great article that I’ll high light here .
1. Keeps your money in the local economy
2. Created Local Job Creation.
3. More Choice for unique local products and services.
4. Local Owners usually live locally and shop locally.
5. Customer service is personal and should be excellent.
6. Investing in the Community as you shop locally (local businesses are the ones who donate to the local charities)
7. Building Local Businessses helps build the community (retail space occupied, vibrant downtown activity)
8. Shopping local is personal and a great way to meet neighbors and develop relationships with shop owners.
I realize that you may think to yourself that you don’t get the deals locally that you would at a large chain store. That could be true in some cases but when you think of the over all time spent and the gas used to drive round trip to a larger store, your money could be well spent staying local. When you shop local, the experience takes on a more relaxing and less stressful feeling. You’ll find unique products not offered elsewhere and be helping a local entrepreneur who will appreciate you and earn your repeat business.